Broomfield, CO — March 27, 2017Colibri Heart Valve LLC, a privately held emerging medical device company focused on structural heart applications, has partnered with the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment through the Innovative Industries Program and is looking for a candidate to participate in a thirteen (13) week biomedical engineering summer internship program.
Position Summary: Over the course of thirteen weeks, the intern will learn the ISO 13485 accredited Product Development Department’s objectives and procedures while contributing to the departmental operations. The intern will be responsible for daily tasks, weekly tasks, and ongoing projects. Periodically, he or she will have the opportunity to shadow in other areas of the business. In addition to illustrating how the Product Development Department fits in with the company as a whole, these shadowing opportunities will expose the intern to potential career paths outside of the Product development Department. The internship will culminate with a final presentation to management describing what the intern learned and the value he or she provided to the company.
- Able to lift at least 35 lbs.
- Able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must have 60 credits or be a junior in college
- Must have completed courses related to computer aiding drafting (Solidworks preferred)
- Proficient with math and computers
- Proficient with written communication
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Must demonstrate professional conduct
- Must have a high attention to detail when reviewing work instructions
- Must have dexterity and interest in building things
- Must be a team player and work well with others
- Draw products/components on Solidworks CAD software
- Update and create manufacturing instruction both written and videos
- Work with production staff in building subassemblies
- Source components from vendors
- Work with OEM for establishing material specifications and drawings
- Perform receiving inspections for specified products upon receipt
- Use and maintain hand inspection tools including micrometers, calipers, scales, etc
- Assist technicians with machine setup, quality checks and various other tasks
- Communicate any problems to appropriate manager with urgency and accuracy
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Keep work areas clean
Location: Broomfield, CO
- Office hours: Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Compensation: $18.00/hour
Successful candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States of America and pass a Background Check and Drug Screen. If you are interested in this summer internship opportunity please send your resume and a summary about your skills and past work experience for consideration to: email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.